How to Add and Edit Content
To add a new entry to the map, or to review and edit your existing entries, log-in and click My Account at the top right corner of the page.
From inside your account you can create an entry in one of the following categories to the map:
- Public Art
Example – Adding a 'Person' entry to the Map
This section will run through how to add a 'person' entry to the map. Adding entries in other categories follows a very similar process.
- Select person from the 'ADD CONTENT menu at the top of the page. You will be taken to a page where you can enter the following information about yourself:
- Your name
- A short description of yourself
- Your biography
- Type of artist, cultural worker you are
- First Nations affiliation
- Video and Audio links
- Location and email address (your postal code allows the system to automatically put you on the map)
- Email address
- You can enter as much or as little information as you like. Red asterisks (*) denote a required field, but the only required fields in this category are your name and if you want your profile to be public or private. Public profiles will be visible to anyone who visits the map. Note: The system will only be able to place you on the map if you provide your location, including a postal code.
- Through the network section, you can provide information to illustrate your network of people, organizations, events, public art, and resources.
- Once you’re satisfied, you can check your profile by clicking the preview button at the bottom of the page. If it’s to your liking, save your work and you will appear in the scrolling gallery and on the searchable map.
- To edit, update or add to your 'person' profile or other entries, Login, go to My Account, and click on the edit button at the top of the page.
If you have any questions, please contact "artsmap at fpcc.ca"